Here are a few guidelines to follow when considering opening your property to four-legged friends:
1. Check your Home Owners Association guidelines for pets. Some HOAs don’t permit any pets, and some only allow them under a certain weight (25 lbs)
2. Determine your pet standards and list them in your rental agreement. Some include:
- Pets must be on leashes at all time and have up-to-date identification on collars.
- Pet owners must be responsible for the proper care, feeding and removal of waste of their pets.
- Pet owners are required to spray their animal for flea or ticks prior to arrival and must be up to date on all vaccinations.
- Pet owners shall be liable for any damage caused by their pets.
3. Review your pet clause with the prospective renter. Inform them that prior approval, a pet fee and/or a damage deposit will apply to the rental. Amounts should be written into the rental agreement.
There are responsible pet owners looking for seasonal and annual rentals, don’t miss out on finding them!
Do you have a pet friendly rental? List your Southwest Florida property today.
Long-term and Seasonal Home Rentals in Southwest Florida